Sunday 25 March 2012

My new best friend in the kitchen



I am back from Vancouver and settled back in Toronto. It took us a few days to get back in the swing of things here after getting back at 1am from the airport and dealing with a teething little baby boy...poor thing!

I have missed being away from the Blog, and am excited to get knee deep all over again.

Tonight I was cleaning the kitchen and noticed how gross our sink was. Normally I use vinigar and some elbow grease to clean it, but tonight I tried baking soda. PRESTO! The sink is now sparkling. I have used baking soda in the past on my favourite bone china coffee mugs to get rid of stubborn coffee and tea stains - it works like a charm.

So, along with vinigar (which is use religiously on my floors and counters) baking soda is my new favourite eco friendly cleaner.

Do you have any good cleaning secrets?

***UPDATE: My other cleaning secret is for getting tough spots off my white porcelin topped oven (which came with the house but I would never buy!!). I've tried Vim and other products, but they tend to be quite corrosive. Spray on oven cleaner (like Easy Off) does an AMAZING job...while it's not exactly eco-friendly, it will leave your cooktop spick and span!

No comments:

Post a Comment