Wednesday 29 August 2012

Handmade laundry bags


Since my son is in cloth diapers (as was my daughter), we do a LOT of laundry. I like to keep all the parts (shells, inserts, etc) of the diapers sorted, so I wash them in those laundry bags made for delicates....but they keep wearing out, and frankly aren't really big enough for my diapers. So my amazing mother made me 4 of these bags. The fabric is the same netting used on the drawstring bags used for soccer balls (yes, she's a soccer mama!!) so they are super durable. The string is a nylon which won't easily succumb to knots.....and the rainbow of colours just makes me smile.

Thanks Mom!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I just bought a few laundry bags like these from the dollar store (minus the rainbow draw string) to sort sheet sets in our linen closet. Ha ha, my 10 year old just walked by me as I was typing this comment and said, "that bag is awesome, can you make me one?".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo- I like the idea of using them to sort sheets! Brilliant! I have also bought tons of those sweater storage bags. I use them to store everything, including too-small kids clothes.

      Tell your 10 year old you'll make them a bag if they do the laundry!

      Delete