Friday 11 May 2012

Orange sherbet Canadiana




I have long had a soft spot for vintage Canadiana point blankets. Sure,
...they are itchy
...not particularly cozy
...and I would never want to be stuck alone in a cold room with one
...but I love their bright colours and sense of history.

Last night I picked up this orange sherbert-hued blanket at my local Goodwill for $5. It will serve as an accent piece in our guest room. I think it nicely highlights the orange in the Missoni Home duvet cover I found at Winners (which looks like technicolour tropical Skittles....luv).

The point blanket needs a good soak in Oxy clean and I need to re-do the satin trim (Mom...help!!!) which is showing wear and tear, but otherwise it is in decent condition.

I don't think it will ever be depended on for cozy comfort, but as an accent piece it fits the bill perfectly!

(PS excuse the poor photos --this room gets nooo natural light, so I had the overhead lights on).

No comments:

Post a Comment