Tuesday 1 May 2012

Spring snowballs



I recently rearranged the furniture in our living room

.....which meant that the placement of artwork had to change

...and while we were moving the art work, I decided that what was 3 photos should become a gallery wall of 6 images

.....and then I decided to swap the living room and dining room carpets.

Insane? Yes....this is my brain on maternity leave. The good news is that my husband exercises monumental patience and did a perfect job hanging the photos. They are all from a trip we took to Tofino, BC a number of years ago; I love art work that reminds me of something special and sentimental.

Do you have projects like this that snowball?

Gallery wall notes:

As per usual, I used Ikea's Ribba frames. They fit the bill from a price perspective, but they do have a few drawbacks. The hanging mechanisms for the larger sizes are difficult to match across multiple frames. As well, because Ikea frames aren't the pinacle of quality, they are often not identically sized and have some bowing to them. This makes a gallery wall very difficult to make look absolutely semetrical.

I had the prints done at Costco. I was able to upload the images online and the prints were ready a mere hours later. The prints were about $3 each....a steal!

1 comment: