Wednesday 13 June 2012

easy-peasy-pizza



My mom is arriving from Vancouver this afternoon. I had grand plans for a perfectly clean house and a gorgeous meal on the table upon her arrival, but it ain't in the cards, my friends! My son has come down with HFMD (the benign sounding acronym for hand foot and mouth disease!), so he's been up all night, not napping well during the day, and just generally fussy and needy.

So I've opted for an easy dinner of pizza with lots of fresh veggies. I use plain tomato paste for sauce since it's packed with lychopene, which is great for fighting cancer (there is a lot of cancer in both my Mom and Dad's families, so I try to eat of lot of cooked tomato)....and all the leftover veggies from the pizza will be great in an accompanying spinich salad! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment