Thursday 15 March 2012

Wall candy


I am always lusting over expensive art. But I am starting to think that sometimes it's not necessarily about the art you have, but how it's displayed.

After my parents renovated their home, my mom found an 'art consultant' to help her hang art around the house. This sounds pricey, I know, but it really wasn't. ...this 'art consultant' is actually the guy that did all the wire shelving in her closets, and art consultation is how he moonlights. It's really just his passion.

He visits your house and looks at all your art together (ie, not hung). He then goes away for a week, soaks in the art and the open walls in your home, and comes back with his recommendations. Once you agree on placement, he arrives with all the right tricks and tools to expertly get the art up on your walls. Anyone who has hung art with their partner will agree that this service would be a major marriage saver!

As a tangent, I once heard Lynda Reeves say on HGTV that art should be hung 54 inches from the floor to the center of the images. There are of course always exceptions, but this is a good rule of thumb that I have used.

Happy hanging!




No comments:

Post a Comment