Friday 13 April 2012

Fresh From the Farm


Photo from Fresh From the Farm website
 Toronto East-enders take note - Fresh From the Farm is an organic food shop on Donlands between Cosburn and O'Connor. It sells a plethora of organic meats and dairy products, often from Menonite farms, as well as coffee, tea, jams, breads, and fresh produce in the summer.

I must admit that I don't regularly buy organic....I am often unsure how much of the high price tag on organic goods is their true cost versus expensive marketing. But unlike many organic shops, this one is all product and no trendy accoutrements. Their prices are wickedly reasonable and the staff is super knowledgable. 

My first foray into FFTF was upon the recommendation of my friends Kate and Julie for a Christmas turkey - I ordered it by phone and was able to pick it up on Christmas Eve, so it didn't occupy valuable fridge space. Everyone agreed it was among the best turkeys we've ever had. Our Easter ham was equally delectable, as were the burgers we made from FFTF's ground beef.

I am sold on FFTF like a pig in mud! I am going to try their eggs next. Mmmm.

PS: The Leslieville Cheese Shop has opened right across the street....perhaps a foodie corridor is developing!

1 comment:

  1. oooooh so good to hear! I have seen this place a million times and never thought much of it...mostly because I see it on the way HOME from getting groceries. I will definitely make a point of heading there. There is a cute market in the park just south of danforth and cosburn in the summers too.

    ReplyDelete