Thursday 19 April 2012

Ji ji ji ji ji jiggggly





My daughter is having a friend for dinner, so we decided to make green Jello Jigglers for dessert...very healthy, indeed. I opted for the regular Jello instead of the sugar-free variety since I'm wary of aspertame (along with fat-free potato chips and Communists).

Good thing these girls are only 2 and won't notice that my shapes are flawed...I had trouble getting the Jello off the bottom of my Pyrex dish....next time I might give it the lighest spray of canola oil first (or use a bit less water so they're firmer).

Either way, these are good old fashioned sugary fun.

Here is the recipe I used (from www.cooks.com):  

- 2 1/2 c. boiling water
- 4 pkg. (4 serving size) or 2 pkg. (8 serving size) Jello gelatin, any flavor
- Stir boiling water into gelatin. Dissolve completely.
- Pour the mixture slowly into 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours. Jigglers will be firm after 1 hour but may be difficult to remove from pan. Dip bottom of pan in warm water for 15 seconds to loosen gelatin.
- Choose a fun shaped cookie cutter. Press the cutter into the Jello and then lift the cutter straight up. Use your fingers to remove jigglers from the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment