Sunday 26 August 2012

Decisions

My husband is ready to throw in the towel.

If I say "can you come outside for just a second", he just might say goodbye forever. Assessing the subtle difference between chelesa gray and amherst gray is just not his idea of a fun weekend activity. ....I can't say I blame him.

I have now purchased over 10 of those tiny pots of paint, trying to decide on house colours. Each time I change one choice, all of the other choices then have to change as well. In the end, the best thing I did was to take my bike out around our neighborhood, with my little chips in hand. As any total creep would do, I walked right up to various houses comparing my grays to theirs.

All of your comments were super helpful as well. Many of you suggested I stick with just two colours, which I've decided is definitely the way too go. Some of your suggested that I don't paint the spindles a different colour - I like this look on other people's houses, but on ours I think I will like the contrast...we'll see.

In the end I've chose (Benjamin Moore) Kendall Charcoal as our main colour - it's dark, and I'm hoping it will up the 'sophistication' factor of the house, without being too spooky looking. I've paired this with a few hits of "Sea Haze" for contrast.

UPDATE: I'm so bad at decision making......

Any thoughts on these two door options? Should I go dark or light?



3 comments:

  1. I really like the greys you've chosen and wonder if you'll even need the trim you discuss once it's painted. Have you thought of painting the deck and stairs the light grey to go with the spindles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like how the light stands out around the doo...I like the first option - Light!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm..that was, I don't care for how the light "TRIM" stands out around the "DOOR"

    ReplyDelete