Wednesday 8 August 2012

Three weeks by the water

I've been away for three weeks on a mat leave swan song by the water. It was a wonderful trip that I will not soon forget. Here's a brief overview of what we got up to....

I took the two kids to Vancouver for a week to visit my parents. We had incredible weather and spent lots of time at the beach, Granville Island, and local public pools.


Next we headed to my parents' cabin which is half way between Vancouver and Calgary on Shuswap Lake in the Okanagan. It's a charming little cabin lit by kerosene lamps and decorated with macromae owls and hooked rugs (I'll post some pictures of the kitch factor in another post!).

Finally, we headed to Saskatchewan for a family reunion. 115 of us enjoyed loads of singing, celebrating, hearty meals, and catching up about each other's lives over the last 3 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment