Wednesday 29 August 2012

Progress

New deck railing (toppers on posts yet to come)
Before
The new railing is almost complete, and I love the look. It is much more classic compared to what was there before and consistent with the style of the home. I also think that the addition of the second railing along the stairs gives the home a more formal look, and draws attention to the door.

The painter started yesterday, and we are hoping that the bulk of the job is done by end of week.

PS - Thanks for all the comments on paint colours. I ended up going with a dark door. I was actually leaning towards a light door, but my husband wanted it to be dark. He gets so little say on design choices that I thought he should get his preference on this one....and I can hold it over his head forever if I don't like it!!

1 comment: