Wednesday 29 August 2012

Relief!




Today I arrived home from work (yes, I am back at work, but that's another post...) and my body immediately relaxed when I saw the house. I really love the shade of gray we picked. It suits the brick perfectly. I don't regret any of my annoying humming and hawwing...it was worth it.

The deck and door still need to be painted, but it is great to see progress being made. I am very happy with my painter. ....my carpenter, on the other hand, still hasn't come back to put the toppers on the posts, even though I held back a portion of the money. For 3 days in a row now he has said he is going to come...and then doesn't. I have decided that if he doesn't come tomorrow I am going to Central Fairbanks Lumber, buying some toppers myself, and keeping the money.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a difference! Love the grey and the new railings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks super awesome. I'm going to go look at some interior paint colours for our main floor this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’re right, the shades of gray went well with the color tone that the bricks have. Good choice! Hmm. The doors can also have that shade of gray, don’t you think? It will even complement each part when the entire paint job is finished. I hope to see the finished product soon! :)

    Kermit Lukacs

    ReplyDelete