Wednesday 25 January 2012

All aboard...

This weekend past I travelled to Calgary with my two kids, aged 4.5 months and 2.5 years. I didn't technically need to bring them, but it was an opportunity for them to visit with my parents, which I feel is so important. Grandparents are the best. Since my parents are out of town (I am originally from Vancouver), I have travelled with the kids quite a bit, and have learned the hard way about the things that make life easier.

A portable DVD player, Ipad, or other 'electornic babysiting device' (make sure those batteries are fully charged!!)



 
An extra seat beside you. I always call the airline ahead of time and ask for the seat beside me to be blocked, emphasizing how disruptive my children can be...this seems to get the airline's attention.


Gravol. When I was little, each trip whether by sea, air, train or road, stated with each of us taking one of those magic little pink pills that put us into dreamy land for a solid 3 hours. ...unfortunately it didn't work on my daughter this trip, but I still have tall hopes for the future.


A baby carrier (my favourite is the Canadian made Baby Trekker)




What are the items that you don't leave home without before taking off?

No comments:

Post a Comment