Monday 30 January 2012

Sunny days








This weekend I got a few hours to myself with the car. It was heaven. After ticking off a few items on my to-do list, (groceries, donation drop offs at Nellie's and Goodwill*) I headed to my local Homesense (Brentcliffe and Eglinton) for some 'me' time.

For years I have lusted over sunburst mirrors. I like that they sparkle, but aren't too precious and have a vintage vibe to them. But most of the ones I've liked have been hundreds of dollars, and the ones that are affordable look a bit cheapo. So wasn't I pleasantly suprised to find one that I loved at HomeSense for $39!

I think I will hang it above our bed until I am able to afford the upolstered headboard** I have been dreaming about. I will post some pictures once it's hung up, hopefully later tonight!

* My trip to Goodwill was not without a purchase. I bought my daughter an aluminum Diego lunch box for $1.10. These days she is really into carrying things in boxes. She packed it with Kuiji juice boxes. I was disappointed to see that the collector crowd was still their lurking around the Goodwill, waiting to pounce on the next dolley of goods. I gave them the dirtiest looks that I could muster...and then elbowed my way in when the next dolley came out.

** I have been dreaming about this for a long time. I have purchased the fabric (chocolate brown linen from Fabricand at 50% off! DWAI!*** and received a quote from the upolsterer, but it's just not in the budget while I'm on mat leave according to the engineer. ...really I think he just isn't as excited about the idea as I am! He loves to read in bed, so I need to convince him that it will up the comfort level of his reading marathons dramatically. Hard sell! Hard sell!

*** Don't worry about it.


UPDATE: I was jogging down Yonge Street today on my way home from a playdate, admiring all the beautiful decor stores....I was pleasantly suprised to see a GORGEOUS sunburst mirror in the window of 12/12...and I am guessing it had a few more zeros on the price tag than mine did! Sweet, sweet, post-purchase satisfaction

No comments:

Post a Comment