Monday 30 January 2012

Chic or chuck-worthy?



I was inspired by the rust coloured leather and chrome chairs that Shannon of 8foot6 has in her living room.
I love how she's mixed traditional and modern pieces. This is a look I strive for, but it never seems to turn out. ...but I continue to try!!

I found these ones on Craigslist (sorry for the poor photo quality - this is the picture that the seller sent me). They were listed at $40 for the pair, and I got them for $30, which seemed a) like a steal, and b) not so much that I would have terrible guilt if they didn't work out. Definitely risk worthy. They are missing the metal rings that hold the arm straps on in a few places, but I think I can find something that will work. The leather is a beautiful caramel colour. It has some patina, but I like it. They are also deceptively comfortable.

I think I will put them in my basement....more to come once I repair them and get them in place.

What do you think? Am I crazy? ...my husband thought so (what's new!?)

1 comment:

  1. The leather looks sooo nice...I hope it wont be expensive to repair?

    Can you remove the arms entirely?

    ReplyDelete