Friday 27 January 2012

Morning traditions



Every morning after I drag myself downstairs I take a few glorious minutes to myself and lovingly prepare a skim latte in a large bone china Wedgewood mug (Eternity pattern, which is now discontinued...but still available on Replacements.com). It feels so indulgent. CBC Radio One's Metro Morning with Matt Galloway plays from my IPad in the background. I press the espresso down with all my might and am forever trying to create the perfect topping of rich milk foam.

Recently my daughter has started asking for her own 'coffee'. So with any extra milk I steam, I prepare her a special 'coffee' --- steamed milk with a touch of PC hot chocoate powder in it, served in one of the bone china demi-tasse mugs that came with my dish set* (otherwise these mugs rarely get used, since they aren't a practical size).

This is a tradition with my daughter that I cherish. Hopefully when she is old enough to drink real coffee, she will still think I'm cool enough to hang out with.

* I registered for Duchess White china - it is a class pattern carried at William Ashley, and about half the price of most of the Wedgewood bone china white sets. ...the problem was that I lusted over the Wedgewood Eternity mugs...so I ordered a set of them in additon to my set. No regrets on the Duchess White though - it is simple, elegant, and an equally worthy vessel for mac and cheese as beef wellington.

No comments:

Post a Comment