Sunday 12 February 2012

Burning love for the Bulk Barn












This morning my daughter and I headed down to the Loblaws at Lakeshore and Leslie, which has a Bulk Barn. Normally I am skeptical about Bulk Barn prices, but at the moment Steel Cut Oats are on sale (see my previous posts on Steel Cuts here and here) for $0.20/100g, compared to $0.42 for their PC Blue Menu cousins. I'm pretty sure this is a good deal, but I digress.

The real reason we wanted to go to the Bulk Barn today was to fetch some Valentine's treats for Izzy's friends. Bulk Barn conveniently also sells a variety of little celo bags which serve as perfect vessels for treats (the bags are $0.34 to $044 each)!

This was an easy activity for a snowy morning. Putting the celo bags in the little Ikea cups (blogged about here...I told you I use them for everything!!) made it easier for my daughter to fill the bags. Still, a lot of cinnamon hearts ended up on the floor and in our mouths, but I guess this is par for the course with a 2 year old!

More Valentine's activities to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment