Thursday 23 February 2012

TTC love



I have always had a soft spot for the TTC, despite them trying to expropriate my house (unbelievable but true; see here). So when I saw this piece of art in Crema coffee shop on the Danforth today, I just swwwwwoooned. I want it for my living room. It is tough to tell from this photo, but the finish is super glossy. I believe that it is a list of the original street car lines.

I did some research and determined that the artist is Christine Flynn. Not only is she local, but she also has what looks like an amazing vintage shop on Queen East (just West of Danforth). A selection of her finds can be seen here; I am definitely going to have to check it out soon....maybe I'll take the Queen streetcar!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,
    I just wanted to let you know that I have passed along a Liebster Award to you today. Love your blog!
    Cheers!
    Keira
    http://bennetthousediary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete