Sunday 19 February 2012

Vacuum brewing






I was at my in-laws for dinner tonight and got to try out their new vacuum coffee brewer. Theirs is a "CONA". According to various Internet sources, vacuum brewing was all the rage before paper coffee filters became widely popular. I am neither a scientist nor coffee purist, but as far as I could figure out, vacuum brewing is like a percolator without any filter. Miraculously, it is a very clean brew; compared to my Bodum coffee there is virtually no sediment, though the coffee is full of body.

I can't imagine using this contraption every day let alone storing it, but it is certainly an entertaining show for guests and the coffee was divine...I'm pretty sure I am going to up all night now thanks to the 2.5 cups I downed!

No comments:

Post a Comment