Tuesday 7 February 2012

A table for tots






When I was pregnant with my first child, I was lucky enough to inherit some furniture from a relative. One of the items was an miniature antique table and chair set. It came with 2 chairs, and I happened upon a third matching chair at Goodwill a few weeks later. It was meant to be!

Not only is this a charming and sentimental set, but it is used incessantly at our house. We've had it in our daughter's bedroom, in the basement, and now it sits at our front window on the main floor. It is used as the 'kiddy table' when we have dinner parties, as a colouring table while I'm making dinner, and as a stool to see activity outdoors including people going to and from the subway at the end of our street, and the garbage and recylcing trucks on Wednesdays!

Below are some other options from Ikea that I spied this weekend.

Do you have furniture in your house that does double duty?
LATT set from Ikea- $24.99

Kritter chair from IKEA - $19.99



Mammut table from IKEA - $49.99

No comments:

Post a Comment