Sunday 5 February 2012

Elegantly eco-friendly

Have you ever noticed that design magazines never feature composting bins in their kitchens? It's probably because the city-issued countertop composting bins are not exactly eye-candy. 

Luckily, there are a number of attractive alternatives on the market. My mom introduced me to this one, available at Lee Valley down on King West. I've had it on my counter for a few years now, and it's great...but as of this afternoon I have compost bin envy!



Check out this fine piece of countertop hardware. I spied it this afternoon in the window of IQ Living on the Danforth. It is made of a shiny stainless steel (my Lee Valley version is a polished stainless) and has a very elegant fluted shape. Doesn't it make you want to start peeling potatoes?



No comments:

Post a Comment